First things first. If you still haven't seen Narcos, then stop everything you are doing right now and make it your top priority.
Because once you are done binge-watching it (yes, it's that good - I pulled an all-nighter for it), you would be a hundred things wiser. Because Pablo Escobar is a name that you can't afford not knowing. Because Narcos is undoubtedly one of the greatest shows to have ever been made (remember Breaking Bad?).
A quickie before we dive into the fact sheet on Escobar. Set in the 1980s, the show chronicles the life of Columbia's most dangerous drug lord and courses through his climb to power from a mere cocaine dealer to the owner of the Medellin Cartel. This 10-episode show is wrought with so much bloodshed that by the time you reach the finale, you are already crying for season 2.
Starring Wagner Moura as Escobar, the show strikes a perfect balance between the subject and the actor - the resemblance between the two is so uncanny, it makes you feel you have been taken back in time.
So without further ado, let's take a look at 12 most 'addictive' facts about Pablo Escobar
1. Before becoming a drug kingpin, Escobar sold stolen cars and tombstones to smugglers.
2. Escobar's open support for the poor and his wish to become Columbia's president earned him the nick name 'Robin Hood'.
3. After becoming the reigning lord of Medellin Cartel, Escobar was minting as much as $420 million a week!
4. His drug trade flourished so much that he was smuggling nearly 15 tonnes of cocaine every day!
5. So much so that he smuggled cocaine into the United States by hiding it in airplane tires.